Here we are: me the author of Mackenzie Goode Makes a Mistake – A Big One with nine readers of my book! (Their moms were included too!) What a fabulous night. I made the recipes from the book including:
1. Zany Zucchini Bread
2. Dad’s Secret Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
3. Cream Cheese and Cucumber Wraps
And we had a fabulous mother daughter book group discussion based on the following questions:
- Why does Mackenzie NOT want to make any more mistakes?
- What is the sisterly relationship like between Mackenzie and Daphne?
- Why do you think Mac and Cheese are friends?
- Are you more like Mac or Cheese?
- What is Mac’s huge mistake and what would you have done if you were her teacher, Mrs. Kearny?
- Do adults make mistakes?
- How did Mackenzie fix her big mistake? How did Mrs. Kearny fix her’s?
- Talk about a time when you made a mistake. How did you fix it?
The discussion was lively, the kids were laughing and the moms were having equally as much fun. And to hear them all discussing the antics of one Mackenzie Goode was magic for her author.